Thursday, July 6, 2017

Are You In Love With Your Husband?


Yesterday, Little Bear and I were discussing the topic of love. He wanted to be reassured of my love for him. So of course, I assured him that I would always love him and his brother far above anyone else.

"You are my treasures!" I told them both.

"But Mama, you are supposed to love Daddy the most!" came Little Bear's most ardent reply.

Sometimes, it takes a child to remind us of such simple, yet important truths. After all, children crave security. They want to know that Mommy and Daddy love each other deeply. They cannot fathom Mommy and Daddy ever not loving the other.

As a wife, are you in love with your husband? Do you show it in your words, your demeanor towards him, in your actions? Because dear friend, little eyes are always watching. It matters not whether he shows it. That is, your husband should not be expected to do his part before you do yours. No, no, no! You show love, you show respect, you show obedience and honor because that is what Christ asks of us as wives - not because your husband deserves it.

I am reading a wonderful book right now, called Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney. In it, she quotes Shirley Rice, who writes:

"Are you in love with your husband? Not, do you love him? I know you do. He has been around for a long time, and you're used to him. He is the father of your children. But are you in love with him? How long has it been since your heart really squeezed when you looked at him?...Why is it you have forgotten the things that attracted you to him at first?...Your husband needs to be told that you love him, that he is attractive to you. By the grace of God, I want you to start changing your thought pattern. Tomorrow morning, get your eyes off the toaster or the baby bottles long enough to LOOK at him. Don't you see the way his coat fits his shoulders? Look at his hands. Do you remember when just to look at his strong hands made your heart lift? Well, LOOK at him and remember. Then loose your tongue and tell him you love him. Will you ask the Lord to give you a sentimental, romantic, physical, in-love kind of love for your husband? He will do this."

Let's remember our priorities, ladies! Jesus first, our beloved spouse second, and our precious little children last.

May God bless your day.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful reminder!
    God bless
    Mrs.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, it's so important to be in love with our husbands. We can build them up by telling them how much we appreciate and admire the manly things they do and our. It's so important to take notice of these things and verbalize them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with my husband....and thankfully he with me. We'll celebrate 17 years of marriage in September. Yesterday, a family friend's son (who is 17) said that my husband and I still seem like newlyweds. That comment truly warmed my heart! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!