Saturday, December 19, 2020

Purity: True Love Waits


“You will not lift the veil of my body until you lift the veil over my face.” 
-Jason Evert 

It was my 15th birthday, a time when, according to my culture, a girl transitions into a young woman. I was given the most precious gift - a purity ring. 

To be honest, I don’t remember exactly what my parents said when they presented me with my ring. But I remember feeling the significance of the moment as I took the ring out of its box and fit it onto my finger. The words “True Love Waits” were engraved onto its surface. I clung to this truth, knowing that God would bless my obedience. I did not take that ring off until my wedding day four years later, when I presented myself as a virgin in every way before my husband.

I have never regretted doing things God’s way. The Lord created sex to be enjoyed *only* within the safe confines of a committed marriage. His Word is clear. Purity protects. The world wants to convince young people that “safe” sex involves seeking consent and using contraceptives, but according to the Bible, abstinence before marriage is the only way. Problems abound when God’s ways are ignored. Like a loving Father, He provides boundaries for our own good. And obedience to His Word always brings blessings 😊

Because I know we live in a fallen world, I want to remind you of another beautiful truth: if you have made mistakes in this area, there is grace, forgiveness, mercy and healing with our Heavenly Father 💛 He makes all things new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!