Sunday, December 20, 2020

The Independent Woman is Unbiblical


I have never wanted to be an independent woman. 

It was pride and a desire for independence which caused Satan's downfall. The truth is, God made men and women to be dependent on one another and on Him. We were not created to be an island. Remember Adam in the garden? God said, "It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." And thus, the first family was formed.

This may be an unpopular opinion today, but I truly believe unmarried women should live at home with their parents until marriage. This does not mean a woman cannot seek outside employment or continue her education if that is indeed her desire, but if she is wise, she will not move out. 

Apart from the physical and spiritual protection afforded her through this arrangement, by remaining at home, she will be able to save an untold amount of money, thus freeing her to enter marriage without any debt. 

But to remain at home requires a certain level of maturity and self-sacrifice. A woman sharing a home with her parents is no longer a child. She cannot expect to be waited on and must strive to do her part, becoming a sort of co-homemaker alongside her mother.

In my own situation as an adult daughter at home, I prepare many of the family meals and work at maintaining the areas my children and I occupy neat and tidy.

I have never been independent by the world's standards, nor have I ever had the desire or the inclination to live on my own. The notion that a woman needs to move out of the family home as soon as she reaches adulthood is a modern invention made all the more popular through the pervasive rise of feminist ideology. Biblical patriarchy certainly lends no support to this dangerous idea

As for me, I have always thrived under the leadership and loving protection of a strong male guardian. It is a blessing I know not every woman is able to have, thus I never wish to take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!